All the PS3 games I like are PSN downloads.

Any and all of the Sony consoles.

Moderator: Thought Police

Entroper

All the PS3 games I like are PSN downloads.

Post by Entroper »

Seriously. I own Rock Band 1 and 2, and Guitar Hero World Tour, and those hardly count since they're cross-platform. The only "real" PS3 game that I own is Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that's really only a teaser for GT5, which isn't out yet. All my other PS3 games are PSN downloads. Super Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Shatter, Trash Panic, and soon Pixeljunk Shooter.

It's certainly not a bad thing that PSN has interesting and affordable games; I really love that. But it would be nice if there were some "big" titles that interested me too.

MBB

Re: All the PS3 games I like are PSN downloads.

Post by MBB »

The Last Guardian looks awesome, and Heavy Rain could turn out well. Have you tried LittleBigPlanet? VF5 is awesome too.

Quick Kick

Post by Quick Kick »

Damn this PS3 thread is alive now that you guys own the console. KMD and I sort of let it die...because we have kids and junk.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

KmD

Post by KmD »

Quick Kick wrote:Damn this PS3 thread is alive now that you guys own the console. KMD and I sort of let it die...because we have kids and junk.
And X360's... :lol:

Seriously, anything cross-platform I play on the Xbox. I only play the critically acclaimed exclusives for the PS3

Entroper

Post by Entroper »

MBB wrote:The Last Guardian looks awesome, and Heavy Rain could turn out well.
Haven't heard of these, maybe I'll take a look. Part of my problem might be that I'm just not familiar with what's out there. I have way less time to "research" upcoming games, but stuff like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. doesn't require research.
Have you tried LittleBigPlanet?
Kinickie has it. It sucks.
VF5 is awesome too.
I sort of liked the 2D fighting games back in the days of SF2 and MK, but all the 3D ones are horrible. The play control just isn't there.

MBB

Post by MBB »

Entroper wrote:
MBB wrote:The Last Guardian looks awesome, and Heavy Rain could turn out well.
Haven't heard of these, maybe I'll take a look. Part of my problem might be that I'm just not familiar with what's out there. I have way less time to "research" upcoming games, but stuff like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. doesn't require research.
VF5 is awesome too.
I sort of liked the 2D fighting games back in the days of SF2 and MK, but all the 3D ones are horrible. The play control just isn't there.
What what what??!? Have you ever played VF5?
Anyways, I have SF4 but haven't played it much. You should check that out. SSF2:remix is out too, you should pick that up if you want some old school 2d action. If you get it, I'd buy it so that we could battle online.

Entroper

Post by Entroper »

MBB wrote:What what what??!? Have you ever played VF5?
No, but I've played VF2 and VF4.

I've thought about SF4 and/or SF2 remix, b/c Bwian is into SF2 as well. I'll let you know if I pick any of them up.

Entroper

Post by Entroper »

I'm surprised no one is up in arms about:
Entroper wrote:

KmD

Post by KmD »

Entroper wrote:I'm surprised no one is up in arms about:
Entroper wrote:
I heard the opposite from every PS3 fanboy this side of the Mississippi, but it doesn't look like something i'd enjoy at all so I never paid it any mind.

MBB

Post by MBB »

Entroper wrote:I'm surprised no one is up in arms about:
Entroper wrote:
Yeah, it has amazing reviews, but I've never felt compelled to give it a shot. Probably because I feel kind of guilty having purchased RE5 and only getting twenty some hours of play out of it. I've got SF4 too but haven't played it too much. I feel almost guilty getting something new.

The guys at work guilt trip me all the time, but I have to remember that I bought the PS3 primarily as a blu-ray machine.

Entroper

Post by Entroper »

My problem wasn't one of interest, because I wanted to like it. I like platformers, and I like co-op, and I like community level editing. But the play control is the worst I have ever seen in a platformer. You cannot have a platformer with poor controls. It was like trying to play Tie Fighter with the keyboard.