Shatter

Any and all of the Sony consoles.

Moderator: Thought Police

Entroper

Shatter

Post by Entroper »

So think of this as breakout on acid. Start with the same premise -- you have a ball that bounces around and breaks bricks, and a "bat" to hit it with, and you can't let it go off the screen. But then you add all kinds of interesting features like:
  • You can "suck" or "blow" to curve the path of the ball.
  • As bricks Shatter, you can suck in their shards to add to your power meter, and when it's full, you can fire them back at the bricks.
  • Sucking in shards also increases your multiplier, which resets to 1x when you lose a ball.
  • You can fire a ball at any time, and have as many balls in play as you want up to the number of lives you have remaining.
  • Some levels are horizontal, some are vertical, some are even circular-shaped.
  • Lots of special bricks -- some are affected by your suck/blow ability, some are attracted to the bat, some attach themselves to other bricks and pull on them or spin them around. Some bricks explode, destroying nearby bricks.
  • Boss battles that require precise maneuvering of the ball to hit the boss' weakpoint.
  • Powerups can make the ball more maneuverable or allow it to smash through multiple bricks without rebounding.
There's a ton more to explain, but I think it will make more sense if you just see it.

This is my favorite kind of game, take an old school concept and put a new spin on it with innovations and style. Can't go wrong for $7.99.

MBB

Re: Shatter

Post by MBB »

That's a pretty sweet find, Mr. Entroper. Is there a demo available?

Entroper

Re: Shatter

Post by Entroper »

Sadly no, I hope they release one later. I almost didn't buy the game because there was no demo, and I would have just waited to play it at a friend's house, since told me about the game. I was in sort of a "screw it, it's 8 bucks" mood though. :)