Just Finished the Last of Us.

Any and all of the Sony consoles.

Moderator: Thought Police

Quick Kick

Just Finished the Last of Us.

Post by Quick Kick »

I really love this game and it is truly an amazing experience. It did deserved the high scores received. I think these types of games should be considered as graphic novel video games. The world was very gritty and brutal. Every man for himself and right and wrong was in the grey area. I haven't played my PS3 for anything other than JRPGs, but I was really impressed by the visuals for a console that has very little video ram to work with. There were some parts where the hardware tech was showing its age, but it was easily forgotten since everything else was so well done. The story, characters and acting was pretty damn awesome.

After I beat the game, I put down my controller after the credits and I felt very satisfied with the entire game. Sort of like that feeling after eating a perfect steak dinner. I think everyone should give this game a go.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

MBB

Re: Just Finished the Last of Us.

Post by MBB »

I just read the IGN review seconds before I saw this! Thanks for sharing your thoughts- I really want to get this game now and pull my PS3 out of my closet.

Quick Kick

Post by Quick Kick »

MBB wrote:I just read the IGN review seconds before I saw this! Thanks for sharing your thoughts- I really want to get this game now and pull my PS3 out of my closet.
I would imagine you have a few hours of system updates then. :(

MBB

Post by MBB »

Oh man.

Well, maybe I won't connect it to the internet then! After all, it is a single player game. I hate that updating crap- I remember once I tried playing Gran Turismo with Entroper and it was like 90 minutes of updates before we could play.

Quick Kick

Post by Quick Kick »

There is a patch for some bug fixes for the game. I would just plug your PS3 in and download all the updates while you go out. The game patch took a while on release day during peak hours, but that shouldn't be the case anymore.