Quarriors

Because they're more than just Sorry! or Monopoly.

Moderator: Thought Police

CloudyPrison

Quarriors

Post by CloudyPrison »

So. What is Quarriors?
Think, Dominion, Thunderstone, or any other 'deck-building' games you've played, but with DICE!!!

Quarriors is a 'bag-building' dice game. What does that mean?

You start with a small number of mana dice, and a few weak minion dice. When your turn comes around you roll your dice, and purchase and attack depending on the rolls your dice come up as. As you buy more dice, your 'bag' gets larger and larger until you've amassed an army of cut-throat bugs and flame breathing dragons.

This game combines the deck-building idea of thunderstone/dominion, but adds in a second random factor of rolling. This is good and bad, as it keeps the degree of 'purchase big card, crush foes' down. However, it can also put you in a glut of good rolls, regardless of buying into good dice.

If you enjoy rolling lots of dice, building a deck, and a little bit of luck, this game is right up your alley.

I've play it several times with varying degrees of players, and I find the best number of players is 2. It gives you a good range of time to perfect a strategy and implement it, while succumbing to the strategy of your opponent a little bit. Four player games seemed very rushed and fast.

Overall, check it out, punks.

DngrsDrrn

Re: Quarriors

Post by DngrsDrrn »

Sounds fun. Is it one you have to order online?
It done blowed up!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20342222@N00/sets/110634/

Odine wrote:No I agree, Dngrsdrrn just served you.

CloudyPrison

Re: Quarriors

Post by CloudyPrison »

We snagged it at a local game store. But Amazon works too.

I'm told the expansions add new rules/styles that really improve on the game, but I don't see a need yet. The 'Rise of the Demons' one is garbage, all the card mechanics only work well with the OTHER cards in the expansion. Quarmageddon seems to be the better expansion to get after the base game.