Malevolent-Gaming

a sarcastic bas'tad's view on the scene
It is currently Sep 19 2019 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Schedule for Paintball.
PostPosted: Mar 23 2009 2:53 pm 

One of the weekends mid April we'll be going up with the materials we need. I'll schedule two weeks in advance what weekend and with who. Its likely we'll play a game or two as well depending on how fast we get it all set up. We're going to shoot for a two day (saturday morning/Sunday).

I would say our first real weekend will be in early May. We're really looking for the 60-70 degree Weather which is ideal and I believe we'll start to see it in May.

Anyone that wants to go up and help build please show your interest here.

I hate DngrsDrrn...no really, I do.

PostPosted: Mar 23 2009 3:18 pm 

I am thinking the 3rd weekend in April would be our best bet

PostPosted: Mar 23 2009 5:36 pm 

I am down for any of the weekends just need to know when :)

PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 5:20 pm 

I'm off april the 18th sat and 19th sun of April (so middle of april works great for me)

So let me know if either of those work. Are we gonna have a means by then to get all this crud up to Oz by then, I know someone mentioned a 20ft trailer, but wasn't sure if that went through or not. Be almost pointless to go up and waste a weekend building if we got nothing to build with, though we could spend that time just gutting the field of all sharp upward pointed sticks and what not. Also I thought of one small kink when it comes to the playstructure I have and anyothers we might find. How are we supposed to get them into the middle of the woods with all the trees in the way, are we just gonna take a chainsaw and cut a path ??? And is the trail wide enough for any structures to go down, till we have to go off path ??? Just some thoughts.

PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 8:10 am 

The guy with the trailer said it is not ready. His girlfriends dog got under it and ate all the wires. I don't know if he is willing to put out the money and time to fix it for us to use. I told him we would help and pay him for the use of his trailer but he has not responded yet. I will call him today and talk it over with him.

PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 7:33 pm 

just blame it on the dog.......lol. I wonder how much it would be to just rent a big ass trailer for the weekend. And this is a crazy idea and I pity the fools who gets stuck with the driving part..........

.......but if we did rent a trailer, we could have one group of say 3-4 guys drive around and load it up, while another group of guys went straight up to Oz after helping with to load up up the trailer on the first stop, then the two groups could unload.

The group with the trailer could then run back to wherever the rest of everything is, reload the trailer and head back up. Now while the group with the trailer is back on the road getting more stuff, the first group that stayed behind could start hauling things out to the field and putting things together/cleaning up.

Then on the second day of being up there both groups could work together to get everything finished. Yea it'd alot of running around and a bitch for the ones driving the trailer(buy the way I dont do well with extened periods of time on the rode, so NOT IT), but we'd get a ton of shit up there in one weekend and twice as much done, instead of bringing up a little at a time. I know with my structure and the one rob found on craigslist that was free we could have two seperate forts done in no time flat. It would just be a little of work involved.

On another note are we gonna paint the forts ??? If so I vote that one gets painted bright red, and the other gets painted blue, yea I know how predictable....all other bunkers and whatnot I say make em as hard to see as possible, but the main forts should be somewhat visible, as a land mark to go buy if anything.

PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 11:22 pm 

With gas and everything and time spent driving, it would prob just be cheaper to get a uhaul or something and load everything into it. That also puts more bodies up at Oz tto set shit up and clean up and whatnot.

We should find out what everything costs and then just calculate it all.

PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 11:32 pm 

Ick ya the biggest uhaul 26' would cost 40bucks to rent + 0.79/mile which say 3 hours at 70mi/hr would be 174 bucks so your lookin at at least 215 just to rent it and then about 100bucks in gas :/ 315 bucks.

A 6' x 12' Uhaul trailer (all closed) is 30bucks says nothing about miles same price for an open trailer of the same size.

PostPosted: Mar 26 2009 9:02 pm 

Quote:
Ick ya the biggest uhaul 26' would cost 40bucks to rent + 0.79/mile which say 3 hours at 70mi/hr would be 174 bucks so your lookin at at least 215 just to rent it and then about 100bucks in gas :/ 315 bucks.

A 6' x 12' Uhaul trailer (all closed) is 30bucks says nothing about miles same price for an open trailer of the same size.

yeeshhhh, talk about a rip off, OK second plan, night ops mission : we "borrow" a trailer for an extened period of time, then just return it without them knowing mwahahahahhahaha. Or we could check out Utica Rent All, they always seems to have pretty good prices/ lower than uhaul I believe. Maybe we could just rent two 6' x12' trailers then, I can save some money to throw down on it, and I think my XB may have the ability to attach a hitch to it, though I'm not sure. And if we did use my XB that way I'd have to check the max towing wheight, so it would probally be the lightest loaded vehicle.

Though unfortunatley I don't know how much I'll be able to play from now on or invest to any newer gear or shit, Jacqui got the lay off notice today, so there went all extra cash and hobbys for a while. But this did just happen(today), and who knows the last time she was laid off, she had a new job within a week at a better company. So keep your fingers crossed for us.

PostPosted: Mar 27 2009 11:32 am 

Third weekend in April seems to be what we're shooting for.

Furthermore, in terms of travel, we got three week's to figure it out. Not a big deal. My stepdad has a full size pickup (has a cab now though), big engine though, serious gas money. I think if we use our brains we can figure out materials that are transportable. Segar had some excellent ideas, so i'll talk to him again. Someone has doors or something (another good idea).

As for moving anything that's large, Uhaul is out of the question, wayyyy too expensive. We'll hold out for that trailer for now maybe.

PostPosted: Mar 27 2009 1:06 pm 

The U-Haul trailer might be the best bet. I am good to go for that weekend I found someone to do my On-Call :( that's gonna hurt the pocketbook. But hey we are talking Paint Ball here! We should see how many trucks we have and determine what we can fit in them. Then we can decide on what size trailer we need. We should find an old school bus and gut half the seats out and Buspool with everyone and all the gear and stuff in it. Just Ideas, If we plan to do this for a few years we might want to invest in something. A bus could double as a party bus the trailer is less expensive and little upkeep but we need a truck to haul it. I bet we will need to take supplies up there every time we go for repairs and do not forget that some idiot might steal wood for a deer blind or burn it to stay warm in the Winter and we may have to run into town to get a sheet of plywood or something. We should get some dummy cams and hang them on the main fort's and around the property.

Bus - Just for grins
http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1065739355.html $1,750.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1083407720.html $2k OBO Needs batteries

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ctd/1094414466.html $2,500.00 Tart Cart! Too much if you ask me but I had to list it LOL

Trailer - We might be able to just buy one for what it would cost to rent a truck then use it every time we go up to take stuff.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/1094467875.html $350.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/rvs/1093614859.html $375.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/1094372566.html $500.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/1094410303.html $950.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/grd/1093855024.html $1,100.00

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/1093083741.html $1,200.00

Sheep - Come on Kevin we know you need a new girlfriend.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/grd/1093532845.html :twisted:

PostPosted: Apr 01 2009 9:47 am 

I wanna play, but can't even think of affording any equip at this time.....

PostPosted: Apr 02 2009 12:58 am 

As far as i'm concerned, cost is about maxed this year just with the scuba tanks and people getting equipped. Can't ask for additional costs for people up front, it'll have to be over the long term. We'll just make due for now and wing it.

Keep in mind it costs people to play in gas, food, paint, etc. to play each weekend as well. Given the economy, etc. I'd rather have a good turn out than amazing shit up there our first year.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Apr 02 2009 2:57 pm 

Yeah I agree. One thing we need to think about is getting together and pooling our money for paint. I bet if we order 25 cases from a online wholesaler we would get a deal. I think we can save money that way. we know we are going in three weeks and we all are going to buy 1-2 cases of paint for $40.00 a case. What if we can buy bulk for $30.00 a case? If we have 10 - 25 guys going we can save big buying bulk on a bunch of stuff.

http://www.alpha-paintball-supply.com/onlinestore/

Zap Cryptic Bulk Paintballs
5 Cases for $178.00 That's 10,000 balls @ $35.60 a case. Might be better deals out there but I am not in the shopping mood.

PostPosted: Apr 02 2009 3:17 pm 

Well if you come up Saturday to help clean lonewolf you get their special deal. The problem with ordering online is there's no guarantee its fresh, where as lonewolf is a field that has to continue to restock. Not to mention breaks on shipping etc.

After your membership, lonewolf is 36$'s a box for 2000 and its near professional grade. I can't remember the exact brand.