Scalzi / Old Man's War

Books and stuff? Those things you can't click to switch pages. And sorry kiddies, generally no pictures either.
nijimeijer

Scalzi / Old Man's War

Post by nijimeijer »

Just finished The Last Colony, the third book in Scalzi's Old Man War trilogy.

It was a fun little trilogy. I wish he wouldn't have tried for the sequels; the first book was great standalone. The sequels only cheapened the whole thing. Still, I liked it.

The first book was an effective Starship Troopers/Forever War clone, and this last one was also very Heinlein; more like his juveniles, or his novella The Tale of the Adopted Daughter, from Time Enough For Love.

The second book isn't really worth mentioning much. It's a bridging novel only.

Whatcha reading?
Never frighten a little man. He’ll kill you.

Heathyrre

Post by Heathyrre »

I found some old V.C. Andrews novellas in vance's parent's basement. They are teen lit GOLD. hahaha
"I kind of know what it's like to be in commercials. My nickname in highschool used to be KoolAid Man."

Remy

Post by Remy »

The night world series. Don't ask.
Saul is on the move.

nijimeijer

Post by nijimeijer »

Did a quick re-read of The Changing Land, the second Dilvish book by Zelazny. MAN I wish that guy was still alive and writing. His books are so unique.

Anyone who ever loved the Mad Max films should do themselves a favor and read Damnation Alley.

I think I'm going to pick up Feist's latest later this week, assuming my wife permits me the luxury of a hardcover.

Please Remy?
Never frighten a little man. He’ll kill you.

Remy

Post by Remy »

nijimeijer wrote:Did a quick re-read of The Changing Land, the second Dilvish book by Zelazny. MAN I wish that guy was still alive and writing. His books are so unique.

Anyone who ever loved the Mad Max films should do themselves a favor and read Damnation Alley.

I think I'm going to pick up Feist's latest later this week, assuming my wife permits me the luxury of a hardcover.

Please Remy?

When have I ever denied you anything?
Saul is on the move.