Malevolent-Gaming

a sarcastic bas'tad's view on the scene
It is currently Sep 22 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Nov 15 2013 11:43 pm 

If you haven't seen the latest South Park, it's worth checking out. Probably one of the best episodes of the past ten years or so.

It's available free to watch on www.southparkstudios.com

PostPosted: Nov 19 2013 10:37 am 

Do you speak of the Game of Thrones tie-in to the XBONE/PS4? I did see it. If you're going to watch it though, do it fast. They do not keep episodes up for very long before they take them down and make you wait some ridiculous amount of time to see it again.

Odine wrote:
No I agree, Dngrsdrrn just served you.

PostPosted: Nov 19 2013 3:16 pm 

DngrsDrrn wrote:
Do you speak of the Game of Thrones tie-in to the XBONE/PS4? I did see it. If you're going to watch it though, do it fast. They do not keep episodes up for very long before they take them down and make you wait some ridiculous amount of time to see it again.

I do. (This thread is mainly for you, Darren, ha.) How did you like it? The black friday stuff had me laughing the hardest I've laughed during SP for quite some time. They have such a gift of comedic timing that really shines now and then.

PostPosted: Nov 19 2013 5:15 pm 

MBB wrote:
I do. (This thread is mainly for you, Darren, ha.) How did you like it? The black friday stuff had me laughing the hardest I've laughed during SP for quite some time. They have such a gift of comedic timing that really shines now and then.

I liked it. Much better than the other episodes this season. Having not seen Game of Thrones at all, I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but I still found it funny. I'll admit, part of my enjoyment of Southpark is trying to figure out what it is they're referencing. Sometime it's current events, sometimes it's an entire episode dedicated to one single sentence idea, and sometimes it's a remake of a movie plot, tv show, play for days of yore.

It really is the little things in the show that make me laugh. Like the way words come out of Jimmy's mouth with his disability turning them into a new word completely, or the way Butters' perceived naivety comes out on a level that the other kids can't even comprehend but in actuality he has a deeper understanding of the subject than the other kids.

When it ended both my gf and I looked at each other and said "that's it?" But I've seen enough SP over the years to know that they're going to do something big.

Odine wrote:
No I agree, Dngrsdrrn just served you.